ABOUT THE AWARD
The “JA+ 100 Most Influential Awards “is organized by The Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council, and will recognize the best and most exciting designers from around the world. Through our sophisticated network of PR, media and exhibition channels, we will assist our award winners to take their first steps onto the international stage and help them build up a brand recognition globally.
The Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council (WWW.J-AC.ORG) is based in Hong Kong and serves over 5,000 professional jewelry designer members worldwide. It is sponsored by leading international design experts who are highly influential in the industry. The Council is passionate about growth, mentoring young talent and developing excellence. By creating an open-source platform, the Council is committed to building a global network of top practitioners in order to share and exchange ideas that will reshape the economics of fashion.
The Council encourages designers to put forward work which expresses their style and individuality. Winners will be awarded medals and certificates from the Council, and they and samples of their work will be included in the 2017 Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Yearbook. They will also have the opportunity to be interviewed in-depth by leading international fashion media, including Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Refinery29, WWD and more.
The Council will support emerging designers to connect with international buyers and potential investors to put their designs into mass production and establish their sales channels. Award winners will be invited to attend the JA+ New York show in March 2018 allowing them to further integrate into the global market. “JA+ 100 Most Influential Awards” is the unmissable event for fashion jewelry and accessories designers who want to manage their own brands sustainably and build their businesses into global brands.
Fashion Jewelry Categories
World Top 100 Fashion Jewelry Designer Award (Professionals (100)/ Students (100))
World Top 100 Quality Fashion Jewelry Manufacturers (100 Manufacturers)
30 Under 30 Fashion Jewelry Designers (30)
Fashion Accessories Category
World Top 100 Fashion Accessories Designer Award (Professionals (100)/ Students (100))
World Top 100 Quality Fashion Accessories Manufacturers (100 Manufacturers)
30 Under 30 Fashion Accessories Designers (30)
Best Of Best 2017 Awards
World Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Brand Award (Gold 1, Silver 2, Bronze 7)
World Fashion Jewelry and Accessories e-Commerce Award (Gold 1, Silver 2, Bronze 7)
World Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Innovation Award (Gold 1, Silver 2, Bronze 7)
World Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Media Choice Award (Gold 1, Silver 2, Bronze 7)
World Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Most Influential Honour Award (Gold 1)
Organizer: Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council
Co-organizers: VK Retail Intelligence (Asia) Ltd，Asia Pacific Cultural and Creative Industry Alliance.
Sponsors: Shenzhen Qianhai Xizhi Training Company
COMPETITION ENTRY AND RULES
The Awards are open to all interested professional fashion jewelry and accessory designers, manufacturers or professionals in the industry, and students from related disciplines.
Competition Entry Dates
10 July 2017 (Monday) through to 20 November 2017 (Monday).
(Based on the postmark or recorded upload time)
- Submit via online application: Complete the entry form and portfolio submission form.Website: www.j-ac.org
- Submit via email: Download from j-ac.org. Complete the entry and portfolio submission form.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit via mail: Download the entry form and portfolio submission form. Mail the completed forms with technical drawings and photos to the organizer’s entry collection office:
Address: Shop 2, G/F, 182 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council
“JA+ 100 Most Influential Awards“ Entry
Competition Dates and Schedule
|10 July 2017||Entry Open|
|20 November 2017||Entry Deadline|
|25 November 2017||Preliminary Judging|
|30 November 2017||Final Judging|
|10 December 2017||Results Announced|
|30 December 2017||Award Ceremony and Individual Notification|
|January 2018||International media in-depth coverage and interviews of Award winners.|
|March 2018||Selected winners are invited to attend New York, Paris and Hong Kong Fashion Week activities, as well as JA New York Show and more.|
Please refer to the official website for full detail and schedules.
SPECIFICATION OF ENTRIES
Entries For Design Category:
Participants must complete the entry form and submit their portfolios. Portfolios should include original design sketches and photos of the jewelry or accessories. Every application should consist of three collections of work. Each collection should consist of at least 3 pieces inspired by the same creative concept.
The scale of drawings should be 1:1 on A4 size (210mmX297mm); computerized drawings should be A4 size (210mmX297mm), resolution of 300dpi, in JPG/JPEG/PDF/PNG format and no more than 5MB.
- Please indicate the name and introduction of the designer and name of the collections.
- If the design is already in mass production, you are welcome to provide relevant photos as reference materials.
- Please provide a description of the design concept and materials used.
Entries For Accessories Category:
Including but not limited to leatherware, handbags, hair jewelry, sunglasses, wearable technology and watches. Same form as Design Category.
Entries For Manufacturing Category:
Participants must complete the entry form with descriptions of the materials and techniques used. Please provide photos of three products, with at least five photos for each product. Files should have a resolution of 300 dpi, in JPG/JPEG/PDF/PNG format and per file no more than 5MB. After the preliminary judging, the council will conduct quality inspection and test for the short-listed entries.
Theme Of Design
There is no dedicated theme for the competition, designers are free to express their ideas creatively. We focus more on the story behind the topic that the designer chooses, the creative concept, and the level of innovation. The council encourages designers to put forward their work that expresses their style and represent themselves best.
Administration Fee Per Application:
|Companies and organizations||US$380 per each application|
|Designers||US$260 per each application|
|Students||US$90 per each application|
|Manufacturers||US$680 per each application|
Early Bird Discount:
15% discount for applications received before 20th October 2017.
FREE STUDENT APPLICATION
If the student’s application is accompanied with recommendation letter or endorsement from their school, professor, tutor or supervisor, then THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE. Please follow our simple instruction on the submission page.
We are keen to foster and encourage the working relationship between teachers and students and here is the way that could led to a world class award and fantastic exposure. Don’t miss out.
(Online submit before 1 Nov 2017 ).
Candidates who enter via the authorized referral code online, will receive a 10 % discount on the administration fee. The authorized referrers are named industry leaders, who are honorary members of Council. (Online application only)
Entries For The Design Category Will Be Judged Based On The Criteria Below:
|Originality and Creativity||40%|
|Personal Characteristics and Design Coherence||30%|
|Conveyance of Theme||20%|
Entries for the Manufacturer category will be judged based on the criteria set by the
Oscars of the industry, the Jewelry Excellence Quality Assurance Standards (JEQAS), with inspection using advanced technology and equipment.
- Gemstone Grading
- Stone Setting
- In the case of entries failing to comply with the specification requirements or to provide necessary information, the organizers reserve the right to disqualify the entries without notice.
- Submitted work must be an original design, copying is forbidden. No use of precious metal or endangered species allowed. Designers assume full responsibility for any copyright and legal disputes.
- Designers can enter two or more categories. Separate applications should be submitted for different categories.
- No Refunds.
THE JUDGING PANEL
The Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council has over 5,000 members worldwide, including fashion jewelry and accessories designers, education organizations, industry employees, investors and more. The judging panel is made up of 200 members, who are managers of world-renowned fashion companies, fashion buyers, top jewelry designers, professors from design institutes, senior managerial staff from fashion and professional media. The detail panel list will publish soon.
The voting process is held online. We have appointed YATA Accounting (Hong Kong) to oversee the process. The council will carry out two rounds of judging, preliminary and final, in accordance with the principles of rigor, transparency and fairness, with the goal to select excellent designers and work that represent our times best.
First: Award Certificates, Use Of Logo Authorization, 2017 Fashion Jewelry And Accessories Yearbook, And Winner Lounge (Worth US$3,550).
All winners will receive award certificates and an award winner logo authorization for promotional use. The council will include prize winner’s work in the 2017 Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Yearbook with introductions. The yearbook will be sent to leaders in the industries and a copy will be sent to every award prize winner.
At future events, we will be hosting a Winners’ Lounge. All our winners will be invited to enjoy exclusive VIP access where there will be the opportunity to network with industry leaders and influencers. .
Second: One-Year Free Premier Membership and Exclusive Event Invitations Of Global Fashion Jewelry And Accessories Council (Worth US$1,350)
Prize winners will receive a one-year free premier membership of the council, and they will have access to the database and reach over 5,000 senior managers in different industries globally, including PR and media, manufacturers and international buyers and more. The council will help prize winners use the database effectively for the sustainable management of their own brands.
Third: In-Depth Interviews By Over A Hundred International Top Fashion Media
The council has over 3,000 members who are seasoned media professionals, including Vogue, Elle, Cosmopolitan, Refinery 29, WWD and more. We will host press conferences in Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo and Taipei, which will hugely increase the global recognition for the prize winners.
Forth: JA New York Show Attendance And Connection With Investors.
Selected emerging designers will be invited to attend JA New York Show. The council will assist prize winners to connect with international investors, to search for their start-up fund. This is an amazing opportunity for the designers to connect with top international industry mentors and finance managers to build up their own brands.
© 2017 Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council, terms and conditions for the event, all rights reserved.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
About Entering the Competition
- What are the benefits of entering the competition?
- Via the council, participants will have access to the resources in the industry and the global network, which will help build up their brand recognition globally as well as enhancing brand identification.
- With the council’s resources, award winners will have access to international buyers, media, investors and manufacturers. It is a unique and valuable opportunity and platform for emerging designers.
- Who is eligible to enter the competition?
- Competition is open to all interested jewelry and accessories designers, manufacturers and companies of the industry, as well as professionals of related disciplines and students of design disciplines.
- What is the cost of entering the competition?
Administration fee per application:
- Companies and organizations: USD$380 per every application
- Designers: USD$260 per every application
- Students: USD$90 per every application
- Manufacturers: USD$680 per every application
Early bird discount:
15% discount for applications received before 15 September 2017.
- How do I enter the competition?
Competition Entry Dates
10 July (Monday) through to 20 November 2017 (Monday).
(Based on the postmark and recorded upload time)
- Submit via online application: Complete the entry form and portfolio submission form. Website: www.j-ac.org
- Submit via email: Complete the entry form and portfolio submission form.
Email to email@example.com
- Submit via mail: Download the entry form and portfolio submission form. Mail the completed forms with technical drawings and photos to organizer’s entry collection office:
Address: Shop 2, G/F, 182 Queen’s Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
Please state on your envelope:
Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council
“JA+ The 100 Most Influential Awards“ Entry
- Is it possible to enter two or more categories in the competition?
- Yes, as long as your submission meets the entry requirement (for entry requirement details. Please refer to Specifications of Entries).
- Only one application should be submitted for each category; hence, separate applications should be submitted for two or more categories.
- Can we submit entries as a group?
- Who has the rights to the submitted entries, whether awarded or not?
- Whether the work is awarded or not, the rights belong to the designer.
- The council and the co-organizers have no rights to use the design.
- The council has the rights to use photos from designers’ portfolios for promotional use.
- Why is there not a theme assigned for the competition?
- We intend to provide a platform for fashion designers and industry employees to express their best ideas freely, with no need to adjust to specific themes. We focus more on the story behind the topic that the designer chooses, the creative concept, and the level of innovation. The council encourages designers to put forward their work that expresses their style and best represents them.
- What is the judging process?
- There are two stages in the judging process – preliminary and final. The judges’ decision shall be final.
Competition Dates and Schedules
- 10 July 2017: Entry Open
- 20 November 2017: Entry Deadline
- 25 November 2017: Preliminary Judging
- 31 November 2017: Final Judging
- 10 December 2017: Results Announced
- 30 December 2017: Award Ceremony and Individual Notification
- January 2018 : International media in-depth coverage and interviews
of Award winners.
- March 2018: Selected winners are invited to attend New York, Paris
and Hong Kong Fashion Week activities, as well as JA
New York Show and more.
About the Prizes of the Competition
- What are the prizes of the competition?
- Unlike commercial competitions, our competition aims at encouraging emerging designers, industry employees and manufacturers to participate in an open global platform.
- Winners will be awarded with certificates and are authorized to use the Award Winner logo on their promotional materials. The council will host press conferences in Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo and Taipei. Winners have the opportunities to be interviewed in-depth by top online and offline fashion media from around the world.
- Winners have the opportunity to attend the JA New York show and meet with investors from around the world.
- One-year free membership of the Global Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Council and one copy of 2017 Fashion Jewelry and Accessories Annual.
- If I enter two categories, is it possible to win prizes in both categories?
- Designers and brands with outstanding performance will be promoted into the “Best Of Best”category for judging.
- Can I submit my previously awarded designs for this competition?
- We encourage designers to put forward their work that expresses their style and represents themselves best.